Kodi is still used by millions, and it still works better than any standalone apk. But recently Kodi updated to 18.4, So we will take a look at what’s new & what’s changed with the update.
You will see numerous different versions of Kodi online, but are you using the recommended most stable version? We have found which ever version is listed on the Downloads Page on the Kodi Official Website, Is usually the most upto date stable version.
So Kodi 18.4 is the latest official version of Kodi and is a stable version also. We wouldn’t recommend using Kodi 19 as this is still in development, so stick to the latest stable versions to avoid bugs and crashes.
Kodi 18.4 Fixes & Updates
The following update list is from the official Kodi website direct.
Unfortunately there are no new features inside Kodi 18.4, but there are a few bug fixes.
If you were to update to Kodi 18.4 it’s very likely you wouldn’t notice any difference from Kodi 18.3. But if you see anything in the list below you have been experiencing issues with, this should now be fixed.
NOTE: It is not a must that you update to the latest version of Kodi. If you find the version you currently have installed is working well for you, then there isn’t really any reason to update.
- Fix Missing text when sorting from inside addon
- Clear/save focus-history when leaving window with focus on parent folder item
- Picture slideshow fixes (Estuary)
- Subscribe to controller install events (games)
- Fix radio button text length (Estuary)
- Fix season/episode formatting for video addons (video)
- Don’t consider display mode ids constant (Android)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for playlists (.strm) and “artists” smart playlists (music)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for smart playlists and playlists (music)
- FFmpeg: Bump to 4.0.4-Leia-18.4
- Load program from stream property without using streaminfo (video)
- Fix initialization of AVD3D11VAContext structure (video, Windows)
- Fix TS resume point, related to PR16314 (video)
- Fixed memory leak, fixed segfault (video, Linux)
- Fix PAPlayer to handle passthrough for TrueHD (audio)
- Fix component dependencies
- PVRRecordings: Prevent concurrent calls to video database
- Use first protocol from add-on in add network dialog
- Use exact matching for protocol in file+dir factories
- The use of absolute paths in combination with hosts in URLs
- Fix file times for vfs addons
- Fix + sign HTTP folder
- Corrections to filesystem CircularCache initialization and termination
- Controller fixes
- Delete stream details when video info is refreshed
- Do not attempt to further resolve plugin paths for failing entries
- Revert “fixed: We should always update stream details from player…”
Kodi 18.4 Download Link
If you would like to go ahead and install Kodi 18.4 on your device, then you will find both the 32bit & 64bit versions in our Download Section. If you are unsure whether you should be using 32bit or 64bit we recommend you just install the 32bit version.
It’s worth noting that Kodi will install as a blank media player. Any addons or builds you would like to add need to be done separately.