Kodi 18.5 – What’s New?
Kodi is still used by millions, and it still works better than any standalone apk. But recently Kodi updated to 18.5, So we will take a look at what’s new & what’s changed with the update.
You will see numerous different versions of Kodi online, but are you using the recommended most stable version? We have found which ever version is listed on the Downloads Page on the Kodi Official Website, Is usually the most upto date stable version.
So Kodi 18.5 is the latest official version of Kodi and is a stable version also. We wouldn’t recommend using Kodi 19 as this is still in development, so stick to the latest stable versions to avoid bugs and crashes.
Kodi 18.5 Fixes & Updates
The following update list is from the official Kodi website direct.
Unfortunately there are no new features inside Kodi 18.5, but there are a few bug fixes.
If you were to update to Kodi 18.5 it’s very likely you wouldn’t notice any difference from Kodi 18.4. But if you see anything in the list below you have been experiencing issues with, this should now be fixed.
NOTE: It is not a must that you update to the latest version of Kodi. If you find the version you currently have installed is working well for you, then there isn’t really any reason to update.
- Estuary and GUI info fixes, including scrollbar behavior, icon names, label changes
- Add dual support for Artist Slideshow 2.x and 3.x
- Fix to always allow ‘Black’ screen saver
- Fix wrong sort order list for music playlists node
- Fixes to external subtitle playback
- Fixes to support for archives over UPnP
- Fixes to “queue item” and “play next” for STRM files with Plugin URL
- Fixes to “hide watched” status for videos
- Fixes to resume handling when marking a file as unwatched
- Fixes to EPG database storage, start/stop of PVR service
- Fix handling of open modal dialogs
- Fixes to commercial skip (EDL) processing
- Multiple Android changes around windowing, secure decoder and SDK versions
- Multiple iOS changes, including support for iPhone 11 and 7th generation iPad, plus fixes for touch input, overlapping drawing surfaces, sandbox checks, notch support.
- MacOS fixes around windowing, where only a portion of the screen was correctly rendered
- Log files improvements around verbosity and security
- Shoutcast improvements
- Various fixes and improvements to add-on settings, package build documentation, build system, advancedsettings.xml, skin/profile changes and many other subsystems
Kodi 18.5 Download Link
If you would like to go ahead and install Kodi 18.4 on your device, then you will find both the 32bit & 64bit versions in our Download Section. If you are unsure whether you should be using 32bit or 64bit we recommend you just install the 32bit version.
VISIT DOWNLOAD PAGE HERE
It’s worth noting that Kodi will install as a blank media player. Any addons or builds you would like to add need to be done separately.